Colorado Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Stapleton Athletes:
The State of Colorado has extended its “Safer at Home” order. However, updated official guidance regarding the State’s extended “Safer at Home” restrictions states explicitly: “You can do indoor personal training/classes with a maximum of four people unless everyone lives in the same household. For example, a family of five can train together.” (see, Safer at Home FAQ – Local and Personal Recreation – Will my gym be open? What if I attend classes in a studio?; https://covid19.colorado.gov/safer-at-home-faq). As a result, Colorado Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Stapleton instructors will be offering personal training to individuals or groups of 4 or fewer people, beginning Wednesday, May 27, 2020.
To minimize participants possible exposure to or transmission of COVID-19 while engaged in personal training at Colorado Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Stapleton, we have adopted the following protocols and procedures:
- Because groups from different households must be composed of 4 or fewer people, currently active BJJ Stapleton members who wish to participate in personal training sessions must schedule their sessions in advance by calling one of the following instructors to reserve an available spot:
Professor Sean Stewart: 303-520-0163
Professor Don Westman: 303-520-3555
Coach Teri Stewart: 303-246-7323
- Personal training sessions will be offered throughout the day, with a thorough cleaning done between each session. Please do not come to the academy unless you have scheduled your session in advance.
- Instructors will keep a contact tracing log, recording the names of each person who participates in a personal training session and the date upon which that session occurred.
- Take your temperature before you come to the academy. If you have a fever (defined as a temperature above 100.4 degrees), do not come to the academy.
- If you feel unwell (even slightly) or if you exhibit any of the following symptoms, do not come to the academy:
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Loss of taste or smell
- If you believe you have come into significant contact with someone diagnosed with or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, do not come to the academy.
- Wash your hands well with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds) as soon as you arrive at the academy and before you engage in any personal training activities.
- Wash your hands well with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds) as soon as you have finished your personal training activities.
- Use hand sanitizer as appropriate.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue away; if a tissue is not available, use your inner elbow or sleeve and immediately clean your hands and/or inner elbow before continuing with your personal training activities.
- Unless persons are members of the same household, do not share equipment.
- Persons from different households must maintain appropriate distancing.
- Wear freshly laundered training gear to each personal training session.
- Wear a face covering or mask that covers your mouth and nose. Wash your face covering frequently.
- Use the restroom at home. Use of the academy restrooms only in an emergency, to minimize their use. Restrooms will be cleaned after each session.
- Once your personal training session is over, please leave the academy promptly so that a thorough cleaning of the facility can be completed before the next session.
BJJ Stapleton – Excellent Instruction – Brazilian Jiu Jitsu – Martial Arts – MMA – Self Defense – Fitness – Community – Fun – Denver – Aurora – Colorado