Colorado Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Stapleton Athletes:
The State of Colorado has again extended its “Safer at Home” order until July 1, 2020. However, updated official guidance regarding the State’s extended restrictions as they apply to “Personal Recreation” now explicitly allow for the opening of indoor gyms, fitness classes, and organized recreational sports, with a focus on establishing protocols and procedures designed to mitigate exposure to and transmission of COVID-19. The specifics of the updated guidance can be found at https://covid19.colorado.gov/safer-at-home/recreation.
Pursuant to the updated guidance, Colorado Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Stapleton will return to offering classes to its active members on a regular schedule, beginning Sunday, June 7, 2020. Our current schedule can be found at www.bjjstapleton.com (just select the “Location & Schedule” menu item). Please check the updated schedule before coming to the academy. In accordance with the official guidance concerning “Personal Recreation,” Colorado Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Stapleton has adopted the following protocols and procedures:
- Instructors will keep a contact tracing log, recording the names of each person who participates in a personal training session and the date upon which that session occurred.
- Take your temperature before you come to the academy. If you have a fever (defined as a temperature above 100.4 degrees), do not come to the academy.
- If you feel unwell (even slightly) or if you exhibit any of the following symptoms, do not come to the academy:
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Loss of taste or smell
- If you believe you have come into significant contact with someone diagnosed with or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, do not come to the academy.
- Wash your hands well with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds) as soon as you arrive at the academy and before you engage in any activities.
- Wash your hands well with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds) as soon as you have finished your session.
- Use hand sanitizer as appropriate.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue away; if a tissue is not available, use your inner elbow or sleeve and immediately clean your hands and/or inner elbow before continuing with your activities.
- Unless persons are members of the same household, we discourage the sharing of equipment.
- To the extent possible, persons from different households should maintain appropriate physical distancing, especially during pick up and drop off. Spectating at classes is also discouraged, but if necessary, physical distancing should be maintained.
- When possible, wear a face covering or mask that covers your mouth and nose. Wash your face covering frequently.
- Use the restroom at home. Use of the academy restrooms only in an emergency, to minimize their use. Restrooms will be cleaned after each session.
- Wear freshly laundered training gear to each class or session.
- Once your session is over, please leave the academy promptly so that a thorough cleaning of the facility can be completed before the next session.
BJJ Stapleton – Excellent Instruction – Brazilian Jiu Jitsu – Martial Arts – MMA – Self Defense – Fitness – Community – Fun – Denver – Aurora – Colorado